1.No man is born wise.
2. He was borne by Mrs. Gadabout.
3. Juliana is expecting about next January.
表示“生育”的词还有：big with a child， in the family way， in a certain condition， in a bad shape，have a white swelling， in a delicate condition， wear the apron(围裙)high， have swallowed awater-melon seed等。
4. He was born in the city and brought up in the country.
5. Liu Hulan is a heroine， and she lived a great life and died a glorious death.
与死相关的词有：pass away(去世)，go to a better world(去极乐世界)，go to Heaven(上天堂)，be with God(见上帝)，cross the great divide(过冥河)，cross the Jordan(命赴黄泉)，go to abetter world(去极乐世界)，go west(去西方极乐世界)，meet the maker(见造物主)，give up theghost(作古)，kick the bucket(翘辫子)。
1. Did you get a date with Sally for the dance?
同类表达还有：a blind date(由介绍人安排的男女初次会面)，go stag(不带女伴去参加舞会)，a henparty(只有**参加的聚会)。
2. Meg has been carrying a torch for Paul for almost two years.
相同说法还有：be struck by one’s beauty(被某人的美貌打动)，fall in love with at first sight(一见钟情)，be in love with(爱上某人)，turn down in love(失恋)。
3. But anyhow they are engaged to be married.
4. Next month she will be married to an engineer. Will you marry her?
5. He married both his daughters to rich businessmen.
6. Did Mr. Hill divorce his wife or did she divorce him?
7. The trouble with you is you’re too hen-pecked. At my house I’m the lord and master.
1. If you don’t work hard today， you’ll try hard to look for a new job tomorrow.
2. Harry found a job in the company.
哈利在这家公司找到了工作。Henry works with the bank. 亨利在银行上班。
3. His parents lost their job， and his family couldn’t afford him to go to college.
表示“失业”的说法还有：be laid off， get a pink note， be dismissed， be fired， be given the bush，be given the sack， be axed， give the boot， get canned等等。
4. Now John has decided to turn over a new leaf and go to school on time every day.
5. We live on salary but can’t feed on it. We can’t get what we want in the faraway town.
6. The beggars lived by begging in the street.
7. Grandpa told me in the old days they lived a miserable life.
类似的说法有：live/lead a happy life(过着幸福的生活)，live a dog’s life(过着牛马不如的生活)，live agreat life(生的伟大)，live up to one’s expectation(不辜负某人的期望)，live a lie(过着虚伪的生活)等。
1. Billy didn’t go to school and he was illiterate.
2. Although the family was poor， they still did their best to afford their son to go to college.
3. He had good education and received Degree of Philosophy in 1989.
4. He’ll go abroad for a further study next year.
5. Because of poverty father had no schooling and almost didn’t know a B from abattledore.